Carmelized Apple & Blue Cheese Crostini
Source: herbivoracious | Prep and Cook Time: 20 min | Makes 16 crostini | Print Recipe
1/2 Cup of fresh tarragon leaves, loosely packed
2 TBsps of extra-virgin olive oil
16 Thin slices of crusty baguette
1 TBsp of unsalted butter
2 Small apples such as Pink Lady, cut into 16 slim wedges
Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 Cup of blue cheese, at room temperature
Flaky or large crystal sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Set aside a handful of tarragon leaves, about 32 nice-looking leaves.
3. In a food processor, pulse the remaining tarragon with the olive oil.
4. Brush the baguette slices with the tarragon oil. Lay on a baking sheet.
5. Toast in the oven until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
7. Cook the apples on in a single layer, working in batches if needed, until both sides are golden brown and somewhat tender, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper and several grinds of black pepper.
8. To serve, arrange two slices of cooked apple on each crostini. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of the blue cheese, two whole tarragon leaves. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Recipe & Photo - somekitchenstories.com