We Stand Tall and United for our Customers: Covid-19 Safety Practices for Sickles Market, Sickles Red Bank, and Bottles by Sickles
At Sickles Market, our customers and team members are like family. Like you, during this past year we have been focused on doing the necessary things to keep our families and team members safe and healthy. As a leading specialty grocer and garden center in Monmouth County, we’re here for our customers, the community, and our team when they need us most, with open stores and openhearted hospitality.
Once we became aware of the seriousness of COVID-19 in early Spring 2020, we immediately took action. It is our duty to act in the best interest of all. As safety is always our top priority, we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation. We follow the guidance from federal, state, and local agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations. Our stores are cleaned multiple times each day, our team follows the mask mandate, and our team is temperature checked when arriving to work. It is in our mission and vision to ensure that all Sickles Team Members, Customers, and Guests receive access to fresh, healthy, and quality foods and products, especially in times of uncertainty. At all times, but especially during this past year, our focus has been keeping our stores clean, open, and well stocked. That’s why we took the precautionary step to proactively communicate with our wonderful vendors and suppliers, so that we have enough products available and everyone can have access to the items they need.
Our supply teams continue to ensure that essential foods and supplies reach our stores as quickly as possible. Our products are available through our in-store pickup, delivery, and curbside services. The same approach has been put in place for our wonderful Wine & Spirits Shop, “Bottles by Sickles”, which is located on 200 Monmouth Street, Red Bank, NJ 07701. This protocol also is in place for Sickles Red Bank, our newest store, also located at 200 Monmouth St.
To provide you with additional trust and confidence, here are the steps we’re taking to protect our customers and team members:
In Our Stores
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often; this includes cashier stations, self-checkouts, credit card terminals, department areas, food cases, food service counters, and shelves.
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies, including soap, paper towels, and hand sanitizer.
- Adding extra hand sanitizer at cashier stations and food service counters. Wiping down shopping carts, baskets, and equipment.
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products.
- Suspending demo and sample programs that are exposed.
- Following best practices for safe food handling, as always.
For Our Team Members
- Encouraging our team members to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues in breakrooms and meeting rooms.
- Asking our team members to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick. We have enforced a policy in which team members must provide a doctor’s note upon return from a callout.
- In addition, a concerted effort has been made so that team members wash their hands multiple times a day!
Thank you for choosing Sickles Market during these incredibly difficult times. We are working hard to be the best resource we can for you. Please reach out to us if you have questions or concerns.
The Sickles Family & Team